Friday, July 26, 2013

Sleepless nights

I can't sleep. My roommate's going to be in Montreal for a week, so I've been listening to music for a few hours without having to worry about the sound. I can also sing as loudly as I want. I've come to realize that I know the lyrics to a lot of songs. I don't listen to the radio much, so I don't know what songs are out these days. I've been listening to music from the 80s and 90s and it's brought back so many memories. How come there aren't really any R&B groups these days? I really miss Jagged Edge, Dru Hill, Boyz II Men, 112, New Edition, Silk, Jodeci. I especially liked it when they wore the same clothes in their music videos. Ah, those were the days. 

I forgot what song I was listening to, but it was released in 1993 and it hit me that it was freakin' 20 years ago. The 90s were just about 20 years ago? Holy cowballs. Where has the time gone? Do kids these days think of 90s music as "old" music? I freely use the word "kids" now since I'm such an old fart. I'm totally going to go off on a tangent right now because when I write, I totally have ADHD. Anyway, I was walking around and I overhead three teenage boys talking. My God, this one kid was talking about how a girl was great at, um, orally pleasing him. "Oh my God, she slurps it..." I nearly died. I wanted to go up to him and say it's not polite to kiss and tell. Actually, I wanted to say that he shouldn't be doing things like that! I felt like I was his mother. Goodness, kids these days. And on another note, do guys really talk about stuff like that with their friends? How mortifying. 

Yeah, so I only mentioned that story because I remember thinking that they were kids and I just mentioned kids these days. I felt so old because I think of people under 21 as kids. I actually think that 21 is still pretty young. Wow, I'm old. I'm depressed. 

So what was I talking about? Oh yeah. Music. I love music. I miss playing instruments. I really want to buy a violin. I really miss it. I wonder if I still remember how to play. It's been years. It would probably be therapeutic. Lord knows how down I've been feeling these days. 

I guess I should try to go to sleep. Old people need to sleep and my body's suffering from the lack of sleep. The dark circles under my eyes are awful. I went to the deli to get some snacks and Skittles (I was REALLY craving for some) and I had no makeup on at all. I think the girl working there was frightened of me. I probably looked like a zombie. Speaking of zombies, I really miss 'The Walking Dead'. There I go going off on another tangent. My brain is scrambled. Zombies like brains. Okay, that's enough. Good night/morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment