Sunday, January 12, 2014

Crowdtap - Hershey's Spreads review

I'm a member of a site called Crowdtap. From time to time, I receive samples to review. I was given the opportunity to try out the new Hershey's Spreads in Chocolate with Almond. Well, of the three flavors, Chocolate, Chocolate with Hazelnut, and Chocolate with Almond, Chocolate with Almond was the one I wanted to try least. I really wanted to try the one with hazelnuts because I'm a Nutella fiend.

The texture is very strange. It's almost like a very thick mousse. But it's also like jello? I can't explain it. It's certainly not as milky, smooth, and silky as I'd hoped. It's nothing like Nutella. It definitely doesn't taste as good.

I put it on fruits, peanut butter and chocolate spread on toasted bread, and waffles. It was actually pretty good on the waffles. It melted a bit on the warm waffles and made the consistency a lot better.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again. I love Nutella too much and Nutella blows this spread out of the water. Maybe I'll try the hazelnut flavor because I love hazelnuts. Plus, if it's as good as Nutella and is cheaper, I might consider switching.

No comments:

Post a Comment